Kitmeout Fashion Forum

THE KITMEOUT FORUM HAS MOVED TO HERE: http://forum.kitmeout.com

Why is Yoox SUCH a RIP OFF???!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion Forum Forum Index -> Fashion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CD

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Why is Yoox SUCH a RIP OFF???!!! Reply with quote

Was in TK Maxx the other day as my mate was getting a load of pants/socks. I was walking past the womens section when I saw a pair of Moschino Jeans with the old garage type logo (oval with Moschino in a signature style - similar'ish' to the Ford logo). Anyway I went and had a look. The RRP was 175 but they were selling them for 49.99. They were then reduced to 37. Then reduced to 25. then reduced to 13!!!
Was a bit confussed as to the sizing & if mens/womens (even though in the womens section.
Just browsing the net and ended up going on to Yoox. I wondered if they had them so did a quick search and found them in the Men's section for....................................88!!!!!! Shocked Mad Shocked Mad
That's nearly 600% MORE!!! Twisted Evil Laughing
So anyone want them let me know, I'll go back and get them if not sold already (been reduced 3 times so I doubt anyone will have snapped them up!!) - 35 & they're yours!!! Laughing

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MOSCHINO+JEANS/tskay/B84CE7A2/rr/1/cod10/420377991L/areaid/35
oxfam

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't pay 88p for them nasty tings! Laughing
guzzle48

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy them and stick them on ebay Very Happy

i dont think yoox is a rip-off they are like tkmaxx online and i reckon they will reduce them more if they dont sell. yoox is good for old season designer stuff.
insomniax

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo yoox is a good ebay alternative. you can find some nice cheap bargains for knocking around in. ok its not like a serious designer site but its good for what it is.
xzibit

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfair to call yoox a rip-off, cd. if you dont mind out-of-season apparel its a reasonable site.
Hugos_Loss

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD that is harsh!

Yoox is a good site for shoppers looking for old style clothing, footwear and accessories.

As for those jeans Mad
CD

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip off is probably an understatement. Laughing

Don't get me wrong old season stuff is FINE - especially stuff which doesn't really go out of fashion : e.g. a brand's continuative collection or when the 'in colours' change! I don't have problem with it being old. It's the way they charge a very high price for items which are many seasons old. The price doesn't seem to reflect the age of the item - which is how stores normally price their goods. They relist stuff which didn't sell last year (2006 s/s) now at normal yoox prices - they don't take into account it is now an EXTRA year old!! Just as an example I spotted an Evisu t-shirt 49 which was probably about 60 orignally. My bro brought EXACTLY the same one probably 2 years (if not more) ago for 19.99!!!! There are many items which are VERY old and are being priced at almost FULL price!!

I suppose it's the way they sell it, you know when you go to an outlet or TK Maxx it is old season - it's plastered everywhere! On Yoox they don't really advertise this. Also notice how they have s/s and a/w not 2003, 2005 etc collections.

I suppose it annoys me that people don't realise they can get the same products for a lot less!!

It could be the designers/brands are telling Yoox that they are buying current season stock!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just peed me off when I saw those jeans!! Mad
oxfam

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD wrote:
I spotted an Evisu t-shirt 49 which was probably about 60 orignally. My bro brought EXACTLY the same one probably 2 years (if not more) ago for 19.99!!!!

Check out the prices for old Evisu tops on Togged!! Laughing
CD

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oxfam wrote:
CD wrote:
I spotted an Evisu t-shirt 49 which was probably about 60 orignally. My bro brought EXACTLY the same one probably 2 years (if not more) ago for 19.99!!!!

Check out the prices for old Evisu tops on Togged!! Laughing

That is true. The only thing is that Togged is an OFFICIAL stockist of FIRST quality garments! Perhaps they are unable to discount items when selling online (could be in the contract/agreement with the brand?)??

Someone should ask - I guess there must be a reason. Confused
dumb5

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard they sell "vintage" evis from the original ben sherman/evis collections???
oxfam

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumb5 wrote:
i heard they sell "vintage" evis from the original ben sherman/evis collections???

Ah that explains it then, i did wonder why a plain evisu t-shirt cost 85!
dumb5

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's like anything in the world and comes down to supply and demand. if there are more buyers and less sellers the item is more expensive and vice-versa.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion Forum Forum Index -> Fashion Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: