Kitmeout Fashion Forum

THE KITMEOUT FORUM HAS MOVED TO HERE: http://forum.kitmeout.com

Invisible Inc
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion Forum Forum Index -> Fashion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invisible

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Invisible Inc Reply with quote

Since our last posting on Invisible Inc Jeans and T-shirts I was wondering if anyone has made the trip to Selfridges to check them out... and if so what did you think of them Very Happy
fash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw them a few months back. can i be real with you? they look like any other pair of premium denim. theres no edge to the brand. if i can be brutal. they are even a touch boring.
CD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been to London recently - will probably go within the next month. When I do go, I'll definately check them out.

Are they only stocked in Selfridges? If so why don't you get them into other outlets - or is the contract that Selfridges has the exclusive rights to them?
adero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oouch..that is brutal...hey Invisible,the buyers in selfridges dont seem to think so!!!! APC is boring but are selling shitloads and cheap mondays selling tons oftheire jeans and they..... are just cheap.
I will go in there to have a look in near future...will give you feedback...
EZ
Invisible

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about it that is brutal.... if having a Cool lotus flower on your butt is boring I'd hate to see what they think is exciting.... Anyway when you're using Denim as good as mine it's a waste to do too much to it... It speaks for itself (if you know what I mean) Very Happy

It's currently exclusively in Selfridges but am trying to get it into other places but it's not easy as buyers are very busy and it's trying to get to see them.... so any buyers out there pls drop me a line..
adero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep up the faith...good things will come to....blah blah blah
we cant all of us possible like the same thing.
its all in the eyes of the beholder, me personnaly think that embroideri on denim is a total nono and to be frank it looks like something that my grandma got her hands on but lot of the guys here think it is da b-cks.
who knows... I might like it in a while:taste do change.
must be quite a few brands out there doing great but started of slow....
Also: speaking denim!! you are on to a winner!!! sorry,bad joke!
Have you've got a website?
Or can you provide us with some pics?
Where do you have them made?
How much are they in Self?
Question
fash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to be brutal fella but i wanted to be honest to try to help u. the lotus logo looks boring to me and the jeans are just like all the other premium selvedges. thats my subjective and honest opinion. trying adding some color to your logo or something.
Invisible

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There in Selfridges for 139, website is under construction at the moment. I thought the Lotus is really cool and it is my name so that's why I used it as it give the label a little bit of meaning.... Not to mention there is printing on the inside pocket bags and also cool rivets etc.... but the other poster is right we can't pls everyone Laughing

There are some pics on this site in the blogs..
honcho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw them in jan and quite liked them but i see where fash is coming from. how many brands can make an impact in the denim market Confused you need to think of a new & fresh angle.
CD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite difficult to comment unless you see a decent pic of it or have actualy seen the product first hand. I have seen the odd pics on the blog - seem quite nice! It sounds like you are concentrating on detailing (denim, rivets, pockets etc) which is impossible to see from those pics.

Can't you take some photos of your jeans (I assume you must have a few pairs?)?

As it's been mentioned, not everyone has the same taste - would be quite boring if we did as we couldn't take the piss out of each other's dress sense!! Laughing

Everyone starts somewhere!! Look at Evisu, he has taken years to get to where he is at now (though some would say he has sold out now)!!

I kind of agree with honcho (but remember I haven't seen them in ggod pics or 1st hand!) - you need something fresh for people to notice. Otherwise they may not stand out & are a bit 'just like everything else'. Look at Martin Ksohoh (RMC & Yoropiko) - NOTHING like that (to my knowledge) has been done before - amazing embroidery & attention to detail - almost like a work of art!

I think posting some decent pics of them will give people something ot base their opions on (well for me anyway).

When do you think you'll have the site up & running?
Invisible

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My site will be sorted whenever my mate get's around to doing it. Frustrating I know. How easy is it to post a pic on here as I'm not sure how to do that...
fash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need some server space like photobucket or someone and then you can link to the image which will show here. when will your site be ready?
MachielS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if that would be to much trouble, i have around 100mb webspace you can use. Thats goes for everybody here tbh :p
I think if you want to start that people notice you, a website is quite important.
Maybe you should push your friend he finishes it.
Or try and get some IT students to do it for free/cheap. I can even make you a temporary site (as former IT student:p)
done-diesel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I use it to post my personal photos Confused
Daveheadhunt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw these too a while ago. Thought they looked ok but the last time I was in Selfridges I couldn't find them. Are they all sold out?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion Forum Forum Index -> Fashion Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: