Kitmeout Fashion Forum

THE KITMEOUT FORUM HAS MOVED TO HERE: http://forum.kitmeout.com

Other Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion Forum Forum Index -> Fashion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colm-ccfc84

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Other Forums Reply with quote

Does anybody here post on any other fashion forums? I use one ,on a big forum called boards.ie. From time to time I get berated by people because I mention desgner clothing! Can you believe it, it is called 'fashion/appearance'! For example, someone started a thread asking 'what are you wearing right now' I replied saying what I was wearing, like many others, and some users berated me for wearing designer gear and mentioning it! Anybody else experience anything similar?
CD

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously jealous colm!!!! There's a difference between those who just boast constantly about I've got this and I've got that - not classy!!! And those that rarely mention it & try not to rub it in peoples faces - pure class!!!
In your case you are just replying to what you are wearing then can't see what the problem is. If you're saying I'm wearing a white Paul Smith t-shirt with a black paul smith logo on the the chest then fine as you are giving as much detail as you can. If however you just say - Paul Smith T-shirt (no mention of colour, design etc) then some people may think you are just boasting.
Don't worry about it mate!!!

I browse other forums (fashion & non fashion) but rarely post. The amount of bitching and 'bullying' that goes on it shocking!!! Everyday there are arguements (not discussions/debates) and insults posted.

That's one reason why I like this forum SO much - discussions & friendly banter but nothing major!!
MachielS

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats so true...
Thats why there are so many people with D&G with the biggest font on their shirt, and then wearing some jeans that cost 5 euros.
hope you got my point :p

This is also my only forum where i post.
colm-ccfc84

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied kinda like many others were doing (just giving the item type and brand name). eg a red ralph lauren belt or a long sleeve D&G t shirt etc. I just don't see why some people have such an issue. Many people in that thread were giving the brand of clothing they ere wearing and I simply followed the way the thread was. AH not to worry!
Boro97

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colm-ccfc84 wrote:
I just don't see why some people have such an issue. Many people in that thread were giving the brand of clothing they ere wearing and I simply followed the way the thread was. AH not to worry!

Because they are sad and jealous
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fashion Forum Forum Index -> Fashion Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: